Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Google Reader

I love reading, and I've been reading a lot in Internet. How am I used to managing this? Well, suscribing to my favourite sites and receiving mails. In my own mail account I organize the sites in folders and whenever I receive mails that I want to keep, I just store them in labeled folders. But the thing is that sometimes I don't have time to read them all and just store the information, so I end up having lots of pending mails to read. Or, I try to read them as they arrive in my inbox, buy then again I end up reading topics of all sorts which can be confusing. The difference that I see with the Google reader is that I'll receive all related mails in one place so I'll be able to read them faster. I guess I'll waste less time and I'm happy with what I've learned so far.
I'm also improving a personal blog with these features.
The instructions given are clear but sometimes not easy to follow, so it is a matter of trial and error until you get there.

2 comments:

Buthaina Alothman said...

Carolina,

I'm really impressed about your blog! I've visited here earlier and I can see the excellent progress now.

I like what you've mentioned about using RSS and aggregators. Indeed, this technology does save time and support passion-based learning, since it gets us things we pulled or wanted. Now, we don't need to read every single item pushed to us! Web 2.0 tools are really creating the state for Learning 2.0.

If you are interested in learning more about the concept of Push learning vs Pull
Learning, see what Jay Cross has said about
it here!

Hope to meet you live online later this evening :)
PS Oops!! I posted this comment to the wrong entry, so I had to post it again here now!

Buthaina Alothman said...

Carolina,

I completely forgot about the Delete option on comment's! Well, the comment on the other entry has been deleted, so please ignore my "Oops" note :)

Cheers!

Animoto.com